Almost $10 million of federal funding is being programmed for Duluth area transportation projects in 2019, and you have the opportunity to review and comment.
The programmed projects include:
- Bridge preservation on the Blatnik bridge and the Mesaba Avenue bridge over Superior Street in downtown Duluth;
- Mill and overlay of Highway 39 in Gary/New Duluth;
- Resurfacing of Maple Grove Road (from Midway Road to Westberg Road) in Hermantown;
- Pavement reclamation and storm sewer repairs on E 8th St/E 9th St in Duluth’s East hillside; and
- Duluth Transit Authority operations (approx. $2 million in FTA funding programmed for continued public transit operations.
Additional project details are described in a post from March 5th, when they were first proposed. As noted in that post, because federal funding is public money, the public has the right for their comments to be recorded and reported on these projects.
The MIC will be taking official public comment on all projects included in the 2016-2019 Duluth Area TIP – from July 12 to August 13th.
You may leave your comments in the section at the end of this blog post, and you are welcome to stop by the ARDC offices and speak with MIC staff directly during a couple of “Open House” days from 9am to 5pm on Thursday, August 12th and Friday, August 13th.
Look the projects over – do you have anything to say about them?<br></br>