I-35 / Bayfront / DECC / Canal Park Area Traffic Circulation Modeling and Control Plan
Release Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Due Date: Thursday, September 6, 2018 – by 4:30 p.m. NOTE: Due Date extended to Monday, September 10, 4:30 pm. (updated 9/30/18)
The Metropolitan Interstate Council is seeking proposals from qualified firms to develop short- and long-term solutions to address issues related to the mix of commercial/event-related/industrial traffic in the Bayfront/DECC/Canal Park area and adjacent I-35 corridor.
The following questions have been asked by prospective respondents. Our responses are shown in red.
1. What intersections or locations were counted by the city and MnDOT this summer?
2. Part IV.4 notes traffic counts have been taken by the City and MnDOT during peak events. Could the MIC provide a detailed list of the traffic count locations?
3. What events were selected for counts by the city and MnDOT this summer?
Counts were conducted at the locations shown on this map, in July and August, 2018, during the following events at Bayfront Festival Park:
July 03 | Concert: Hairball
July 04 | City of Duluth Fourth Fest Celebration
July 06 | Concert: Bone Thugs-N-Harmony w/Special Guests Naughty by Nature & Coolio
July 07 | Concert: Trampled by Turtles – Sold Out
Aug 10-13 | Bayfront Blues Festival
4. Do the traffic counts include turning movements at intersections (or are they only tube counts)?
Tube counts only (not located at intersections) – see map, above.
5. Does the MIC (or partner agencies) have a Synchro model available for part(s) of the study area?
Not to our knowledge.
6. Are there any requirements or preferences for the microsimulation software?
No. Data related to microsimulations from the MIC’s Travel Demand Model (Cube) will be available through limited-use agreement with our modeling consultants.
7. Will MnDOT provide crash data?
Available through Minnesota Crash Mapping Analysis Tool (MnCMAT).
8. Are there any restrictions or preferences for page limits for the proposals?
Maximum 10 pages strongly preferred (not including staff qualifications and/or references sections).
9. Is the use of 11×17 pages for a graphic allowed?