The MIC periodically issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for specialized consultant services to support its planning initiatives. Open RFPs, along with any addenda or updates, are published on this page.
Proposers are responsible for checking back for updates for the duration of the RFP posting.
Open RFP: Duluth Area I-35 Corridor Plan
Posted: February 7, 2022
Proposals Due: March 17, 2022
March 8, 2022: Correction
Respondents are directed to note the following revision to the RFP, shown in red, below, and included in the updated (03-08-22) version of the RFP document.
Section 18 has been modified to read:
- MnDOT Cost Requirement: Whether proposing a cost plus fixed fee (profit), hourly rate, unit rate or lump sum budget, responders must include a breakdown (labor, overhead, profit and expenses) showing how the rate was derived. Additionally, if proposing a cost plus fixed fee (profit) budget, responder’s must utilize their current MnDOT approved Overhead rate, but it may not to exceed 160% 170%.
Page 67: Changes have been made to this document since 2019, as noted on MnDOT’s Consultant Corner web page and now reads as follows:
Overhead Cap Change for P/T Contracts (April 2019)
The overhead cap for MnDOT P/T contracts will be changed from 160% to 170% for all P/T contracts that have a Contract Process Start Date of April 15, 2019 or later.
- Contracts that are already in process prior to April 15, 2019 will be subject to the overhead cap of 160%.
- Amendments to contracts that were started prior to April 15, 2019 will be subject to the overhead cap of 160%.
- Contracts started on or after April 15, 2019 will be subject to the new 170% overhead cap.
Please read all documents pertaining to contracts (Solicitations, Contracts, Invoices, etc.) carefully as for some time there will be different overhead cap language and numbers because many contracts are already in process – some will have 160% listed as the cap, others 170%.
Also, note that the Fixed Fee Rate Worksheet and the additive calculations related to Overhead will be adjusted for new contracts with Contract Process Start Dates of April 15, 2019 or later.
February 14, 2022: Updates, Clarifications and Questions
A. Respondents are directed to note the following revisions to the RFP, shown in red, below, and included in the updated (02-14-22) version of the RFP document.
Section 12. Evaluation and Selection Timeline has been modified to read:
- Mon, Apr. 4 Requests for Clarification (if needed per 17b)/ Reference checks/MnDOT Consultant pre-selection
audit Notification of successful bidder
- Mon, Apr. 18 5* Notification of successful bidder/Office of Civil Rights – DBE Special Provisions form review & approval process MnDOT Pre-Award Audit and DBE Special Provisions processes initiated
Section 17 has been modified to read:
General Information Pre-Award Audit Requirement
The successful responder will be required to submit pre-award audit information to MnDOT and comply with MnDOT audit standards. Failure to do so may result in disqualification. The Pre-Award Information Package can be accessed on the MnDOT Consultant Pre-Award Package web page and in Appendix F of this document.
Section 18 has been added:
18. MnDOT Cost Requirement
MnDOT Cost Requirement: Whether proposing a cost plus fixed fee (profit), hourly rate, unit rate or lump sum budget, responders must include a breakdown (labor, overhead, profit and expenses) showing how the rate was derived. Additionally, if proposing a cost plus fixed fee (profit) budget, responder’s must utilize their current MnDOT approved Overhead rate, but it may not to exceed 160%.
‘General Information’ was previously listed as #17 and is now shown as #19, with no other changes to that section.
APPENDIX F / MnDOT Pre-Award Audit Information has been added. Prospective respondents are directed to read Appendix F in its entirety.
B. The following questions have been asked by prospective respondents. Our responses are shown in red.
- Can you describe what best value means for cost scoring? Does that mean the best outcomes from using the full $250K budget or will points be awarded for budgets that come in under $250K?
$250,000 is allocated throughout 2022-2023 for this project and prospective consultants are advised to make full use of that amount. We will be looking at how the budget is allocated among key personnel and tasks to make the ‘best value’ determination.
- Has the Steering Committee membership been determined? If so, can you share which agencies are anticipated to participate?
We have not identified Steering Committee participants. We anticipate that one of the early Consultant tasks will be to work with the Project Management Team (MnDOT and MIC staff) to identify key agency and community stakeholders to serve on the Steering Committee, who will be charged with guiding the stakeholder engagement process, coordinating with elected officials and associated local stakeholder groups, reviewing and giving input to project work at key milestones during the project, and making recommendations that address identified issues throughout the Plan corridor.
- Are 11×17 pages allowed in either the proposal itself or in any Appendix materials?
Graphic illustrations and other supplemental materials showing experience or examples of similar work may be included as separate Appendices, on any size paper.
Previous (Closed) RFPs
Posted: Monday, January 4, 2021
Proposals Due: Thursday, February 4, 2021, 5:00 pm
Travel Demand Model Update, On-Call Traffic Modeling Projects and Long Range Planning Assistance 2020-2022
Posted: February 3, 2020
Proposals Due: February 28, 2020, 4:30 pm
Posted: January 9, 2020
Proposals Due: January 31, 2020, 4:30 pm
Posted: August 15, 2018
Due Date: September 10, 4:30 pm.